Motivation to Lose Weight, the Battle Within


I want you to ask yourself a question, and try not to get all Hollywood on me. What is your motivation to lose weight?
Some of you might have a specific answer right away, like to look and feel good in your beach clothes. Others, looking for the fastest way to lose weight, may have a more broad answer like 'to be healthier and to lose weight.' Although there's nothing wrong with the latter, you need to be a bit more specific, if you're looking for the fastest way to lose weight. Motivation is going to be a big part of your success. When you have a targeted goal your working to its much easier to observe the results when you can see the results. If your goal is to lose weight then how much weight do you want to lose? When do you want to lose it by?
Whatever you answered your reading this so that's at least a step in the right direction. Here are a few more tips to help get you started on losing weight quickly.
Track your success. This also has to do with the goal setting previously mentioned. Set up a time and a place that you're going to weigh yourself. Like in the morning after you use the toilet. It's also good to do it naked. Try and use the same scale too. Depending on how many times it's been dropped, is going to affect how it measures weight. Success tracking is a really important part of losing weight that people often over look. It's also an important part of goal setting period, no matter what you're trying to achieve. When you can see tangible results, it encourages you to keep up the work or shows where you might need improvements. How else will you know where you were, and how far you've come?
Eff the past; tomorrow is a new day. Sorry about my potty mouth. Even if you have tried to lose weight before, and failed or gave up, that doesn't matter. Now, this time around, just be more aware of the signs when your motivation to lose weight starts slipping. This is another hurdle people get caught up on, is dwelling on past failures. It's almost like people 'scare' themselves out of losing weight. When I hear about this I often think of a motivational speaker's advice that I got years ago. "The biggest failure, is not trying at all." A saying so simple and cliché, but true none the less. It even reminded me of that quote in A Bronx Tale for some reason: "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent." I guess they both kind of apply in this situation too.
Start the change from within. A big part of society is based on physical appearances and material possessions. For this reason a majority of people look outside themselves for ways to stay motivated, when really they should be looking within. The motivation to lose weight has to come from the inside. I stole this tip from Andrea Albright because it worked really well for me. Make a conscious effort to examine how food affects you. How you feel immediately after you eat it up to a couple of hours. Does it slow you down or make you want to take a nap? Or do you feel energized? These are the questions you want to start asking yourself, to make the changes from within.
Take me for example. I love Twinkies. When I say I love Twinkies I'm seriously downplaying it. Something about that yellow sponge cake and creamy filling has had my taste buds captivated since my first taste. The fastest way to lose weight is not a road paved with Twinkies. I really wish it were. Anyway, no matter how much I know I love them, I know that when I eat two or three (one's impossible); I'm going to feel like crap after. Whether it's a dip in my energy, or a rock in my stomach I'm paying for it somehow.
These are just some tips and suggestions that worked for me in the past. You can read all the books and articles in the world but the motivation to lose weight is going to have to come from you. If you think you're up to the challenge, and looking for the Fastest Way to Lose Weight then check out http://fastestwaytoloseweightnowhq.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment